BUTT Wait ,Theres More! 40 Exercises for the Backside
We are all born with the most amazing perky little compact bubble butts. I’m always baffled by how cute and bubbley little girl’s little tushes are. (And I secretly envy them.)
Once upon a time, I too had that cutie patootie. But, over time, that little perfect perky bottom went through a lot of changes over the years. It went through its fair share of ups and downs (literally!).
Without exercise and a healthy diet, our cute little rear can easily get bigger, flatter, wider and saggier if we don’t work on it.
If you are not pleased with your backside, then it’s time to get to work! But, before you do, here are 5 things you need to know before you do your first squat.
Before You Begin…
1. Decrease Calories. As we age, we lose muscle and we gain fat. If you want to shape up, reduce your calories to reduce excess body fat. This will dramatically change the shape of your derriere.
2. Increase Protein. The bottom’s shape is not just dependent on losing body fat, but also gaining muscle mass. Strength training is what develops fit looking muscles and creates that bubble butt shape. This is where protein comes in. As we break down the muscle in the gym, protein is an essential part of rest, recovery and repair. By boosting protein in your diet, you’ll boost your caboose.
3. Run Less. Running is always the go-to exericse for fat loss, but it also can make a flat butt even flatter. Since running doesn’t require a lot of muscle strength, you can actually lose precious muscle when you really want to lose body fat. (Read my blog “Runner’s Beware: 4 Things You Need to Know“).
Instead of slow long runs, do more interval training. For instance, do a shorter walk/job cardio workout instead of a slow and steady run. Interval training burns more calories and more fat, while toning muscle.
4. Lift Like a Boy. Many girls avoid lifting heavy in fear of “bulking up”. However, most women don’t have the testerone needed for that kind of bulking. And, if you are the kind of woman who bulks up easily, think of it this way. If you have soccer legs to begin with, you’ll just have much fitter, more tone soccer legs after training. It’s your call. Do you want fat or PFAT?! 🙂
So, are you ready to start working that butt off? Here are my top 40 bootilicious exercises to add to your fitness library. Click on the exercise to view video demonstration.
40 Bubble Butt Exercises
- Bodyweight Bridges
- Single Leg Glute Bridge
- Weighted Glute Bridge on Floor
- Weighted Glute Bridge on Bench
- Weighted Step Back Lunge (one leg at a time)
- SIde Lunge
- Lunge Kick
- Lunge Pass Throughs
- Plyo Lunge Jump
- Walking Lunges
- Bulgarian Split Squat
- Knee Repeater
- Donkey Kicks
- Step Ups (one leg at a time)
- Cook Hip Lift
- Straight Leg Deadlift
- Romanian Straight Leg Deadlift
- 1-Leg Straight Leg Deadlift with Dumbbells
- Straight Leg Cable (or resistance Band) Kickback
- Reistance Bank Kickback
- Barbell Squats
- 1-Leg Sit to Stand
- Pistol Squats
- Plie Squat
- In and Out Squats
- Jump Squats
- Side Lying Leg Lifts (3-positions)
- Sumo Squat
- Air Squats
- Lateral Band Walk
- Single Leg Press
- Bench Flutter Kicks
- Mary Catherines
- Ball LCurl
- Reistance Bank Kickback
Defense body soap
So true! Without exercises we can’t strengthen our glutes and it would be very insane to underestimate it.Great tips!!
Great exercise! You are right! A lot of people underestimate the importance of glute strengthening and its benefits on posture and movement. I love doing a good stretch routine in the morning and I always incorporate glute movements like this and bridges as well.
Thanks for the blog! Look forward to following along!
The butt is definitely something people forget to stretch – and it can cause so many problems (low back pain, sciatica, etc). Thanks for reading – and for the comment!!! 🙂
I need all the help I can get with this old man saggy butt. lol Wish you two were here in Fort Pierce. With Nature’s Way Gym there’s not much here. God Bless Brother Dave
Correction :With Nature’s Way Gym gone there is nothing here.
awe! you are sweet. Come visit any time! 🙂