Category Archives: Fit Fashion
One of my favorite sayings is “if you fail to plan, plan to fail”, and it is SO true – especially in the fitness world. Proper diet and training takes preparation. And, as soon as you find yourself unprepared, it is easy as pecan pie to go off plan.
Eating on the go and going to the gym takes a certain level of preparation. Your food needs to be portable, and packed up in Tupperware with all the utensils you need. Also, your gym gear has to be loaded up and ready before you head out the door each morning. That means my Live Well 360 bag needs to be packed with all my favorite fitness accessories, healthy food and apparel ahead of time. I suggest packing everything up the night before so you don’t run out of time, and run into excuses to go off plan.
20 Items in my Bag RIGHT NOW!
- Tilapia, a sweet potato & a banana
- Shoes, shorts, tank and socks
- iPad (for watching TV on the elliptical)
- Yurbuds earphones
- Wrist Wraps (PR Wraps)
- iPhone Arm band
- Voss Water bottle
- Impact Energy Gum (new to New York – and now available at our gym!)
- Powder & lipstick (I never use it, but I have it just in case)
- Body Lotion (just in case I am smelly or dry! ha)
- Hair ties & head band
- iPhone charger (gotta have enough juice for my tunes!)
- Hoodie (stays in my bag just in case)
- Wallet (because I don’t carry a purse during the week)
- Speed rope
- Camera (yes, because you neeeever know when you’ll need to make a fitness memory!)
- Bath & Body Works Body spray
- Protein bars (I had Designer Whey bars in mine right now!)
- Macbook Pro (because it goes everywhere I do!)
About My Favorite Bag
I have 2 LiveWell 360 bags. This is the CORE bag. Totally comfy and not bulky. My other bag is the Luxx bag, with a built-in padded laptop case!
Million pockets! Ok, not really ..but a LOT! Yes, I’m TOTALLY organized!
I plan to succeed with a well-packed bag! Take a peak of what I can fit inside!
Built to last.
You can find bags cheaper, but I promise I will still be using my Core bag after you go through your next 3-4 cheapos! If you are a gym rat, it’s worth the investment to buy a gym bag that is perfect, high quality and that won’t let you down!
MEN: Listen up, because this is one very cool gift idea!!
WOMEN: If you like new clothes, and you like to save, this is for you!
I recently was asked to preview PVbody. At that time, that meant nothing to me. So, I did a little research, dove in to their site, and quickly became intrigued. It is a monthly fitness outfit subscription. Basically, for only $49.95/month, you get a new workout outfit valued at over $100 to fit your personal fitness style and workouts.
You Choose Your Fitness
I Love Yoga
I Love Running
I Love the Gym
I Love being Comfy
Then You Choose Your Workout Spot
Personalize Your Style
Choose your favorite style tops
Choose your favorite style bottoms
Choose your favorite colors, styles and patterns
And whoola! You have your customized program ready to go!
One thing I love about PVbody is the element of surprise. While working for brands, I’ve been shipped all kinds of stuff I probably would have never picked out myself – and low and behold, I LOVE them. This element of surprise has become really fun for me. I love not knowing what is coming. It’s literally like a gift every single month – and I can’t wait to open it!!
Here is my first outfit. It is exactly something I’d buy – and the colors, style and cut were perfect! The capris were made of a really nice quality material that I can tell won’t fade and will hold form nicely. The top is a really bright coral (you can’t tell that in this pic) and has a ghost design on it, meaning a pattern in the same color so it appears as a solid at first, but it does have a design. All in all, it’s a winner!
What if you don’t like what you get?
You can return it! They have a great customer satisfaction policy and are dedicated to making you one happy fitness camper! You can also pause or cancel your subscription at any time, so there’s no real stress. You are fully in control. Check it out & let me know if you join the PVbody family!
Here are some PVbody looks! Get more information at www.PVbody.com.
Steve’s newest blog “My Secret Superpowers” is surprisingly true. Like getting new clothes for school, it was not like I really NEEDED new clothes and was going to go to school naked. I had plenty of clothes, but did I have the “right” clothes? The clothes that were cool and perfect for the new year, new season, the new me. My mom knew how important new clothes were for the new year, and the same goes for fitness – new clothes for the new you!
There is no doubt apparel gives you added confidence. You walk a little taller, you hold your head a little higher – and in the world of fitness, there is no exception. Even when I don’t look my best (naked) I can attempt to look a little better in nicer clothes.
When I go to the gym in old or sloppy clothing, I feel old, sloppy and fat – and just want to get out of there as fast as possible. BUT, when I go to the gym feeling good about what I’m wearing, I feel more energized, more confident, and work a little harder. To me, apparel really does affect my workouts.
Now, admittedly, I get to try out some of the newest clothing and shoes in the industry. But, with that experience, it made me realize how much more I look forward to my runs and my workouts when I’m dressed for success.
5 Ways to Stay Fashionably Fit for Less
1. Basic on Bottom. Invest in several black, navy or grey bottoms to be staples in your fitness wardrobe. People are less likely to notice if you wear the same dark colored shorts often if they are solid with no flashy accents.
2. Flashy Up Top. Instead of buying complete matching outfits, shop for tops. Once you have your basic bottoms, you can create a whole new look with one new top. If you stick with basic bottoms, and keep the fun up top, you will stretch your money and diversify your look for half the cost.
3. Shop Sales & Outlets. You don’t have to be rich to enjoy nice things. If you can’t buy the newest pair of shoes or apparel, you can always hit the sale racks and outlet malls to get some new goodies. TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross and Lohman’s are just a few great stores where you can find killer deals on workout clothes. Major brands, like Reebok, make it easy for us to shop our favorite brand for less in one convenient location at their outlet malls. They even have great sales online! For the longest time, I never paid full price for anything – but it was still new to me, and gave me the mental boost I needed.
4. Treat Your Gear with Care. What do you do with some of your most valuable possessions? You baby them. You wash them with love (separating the darks and lights boys!), you put them in safe places, and you protect them from harm. There is something to say about treating your fitness apparel the same way. Like you save certain clothing for special occasions, save your best workout clothes for your workouts. Don’t dare mow the yard in your running shoes or wear you new tank to clean house. Reserving your fitness apparel for your workouts will make these particular pieces of clothing more special and positive – plus it will make your threads last a lot longer.
5. Treat your Shoes like Tires. Sometimes you have to spend a little money to save a lot of money in the long run. Although you can buy really expensive cool shoes, just like you can buy sweet low-profile tires, or big knobby Mickey Thompsons, both tires and shoes are necessities for your safety. And like tires, we often dread spending the money on them. But, as with driving on bald tires, running in worn out shoes could cause a serious blowout that could wreck you and ultimately cost you even more money.
Like tires, shoes are only good for so many miles before they need replacing – and you just have to suck it up and spend the money on them when that time comes. Investing in a good pair of shoes is investing in your health, preventing unnecessary knee, foot and hip issues. You may dread dropping the change on a new pair of shoes, but I promise, it’s a LOT CHEAPER than doctors’ visits and physical therapy. Don’t take short cuts when it comes to shoe shopping. Your body will thank you and save you money in the long run. And, of course, you’ll enjoy wearing cool kicks too!
TIP: Shoes are typically good for 300-400 miles, depending on your weight. If you run 3 miles a day, five days a week, you should replace your shoes every 5-6 months. If you take a 1-hour aerobics class or a hi-impact boot camp 5 days a week, you’ll likely need to replace them even sooner since the average person runs 3 miles in approximately 30 minutes and most group fitness classes go for any hour. Take good care of your sweet feet. They are literally the foundation of your fitness.
Just for laughs:“Sweet Shoes”
This clip was part of some behind the scene “day-to-day” footage for a production company who was looking to do a reality show on the fitness business after Steve was trainer for ABC’s Fat March. Like most reality shows, this clip is meaningless, but entertaining. This is truly what it is like to live in our house with Steve Pfiester. He’s always making me laugh. Enjoy