Category Archives: PFIT PFINDS
MY FAVORITE FITNESS FINDS!
These are all my blogs on my favorite products, brands, trends, recommendations and product reviews.
I use my gym bag more than I do my purse! A matter of fact, I don’t even CARRY a purse during the week! A rely on my gym bag to carry all my belongings around. That is also why I don’t want to lug an ugly bulky manly bag from home to work to the gym or whereever!
So when I recently discovered Fivesse Home-Gym-Work Bag, I instantly fell in love! Maybe it was the soft pink accents. Maybe it was the cute tabs on all the pockets to help you organize your things. It could have been the pretty color combinations and patterns. When I try to pinpoint it, I simply can’t! I think it’s D: All of the above!
I got my bag with a matching garment bag for those times I need to have a nice change of clothes on a hanger instead of all bunched up in a gym bag. This was a super nice addition and perfect for any career woman or traveler. This bag would also be a fantastic carryon for those quick trips.
Here are some of the things I loved most about my bag:
Vented Shoe Pouch
Not one, but TWO bottle holders!! This is great for me since I like to have a water bottle AND a spot for a travel mug, energy drink or protein shake!
Tons of storage pockets for:
- class schedules/ipad
- dirty clothes
- gym card
- gym toiletries
- water bottle
4 Different Awesome Patterns:
Garment Bag: $64
The PureMove Armband is the best armband I’ve found made for the iPhone 5S/5. I got the opportunity to try it out this weekend on our group run with some of our bikini boot campers and members. Here’s why I was so excited about this armband!
One of my pet peeves is not being able to access my phone easily while running or working out at the gym. First, you have that stupid thick plastic barrier that not only holds your phone but it makes it extremely difficult to actually use the phone. Second, if you want to get the phone out of the case, it’s a challenge to get it out – especially if you are in a hurry. Lastly, once you get it OUT of the case, it’s a total pain to put it back IN the case without taking the whole armband off your arm.
With the PureMove Armband, I can easily navigate the touch screen – SOOO NICE! I was able to easily start and pause my RunKeeper app when I needed too (which was always a hassle). Not only was I able to navigate the touch screen better without the plastic barrier, but I didn’t have that annoying glare the additional plastic layer always gave my phone. The same tasks that took a minute or two to complete, now took me only 5-10 seconds. Less time struggling means more time sweating!!
Since I’m a picture-taking fool, I also enjoyed the ease of popping my phone right out of the case to take a quick snap shot of fun things along the way. Whether I want to take a pic of the sunset, scenery, funny sites or a pictures of gym members and friends, I don’t want anything to slow down my run. The PureMove Armband allowed me that freedom.
Have you seen Yes Man? That is SO me! hahaha :) I never go anywhere without a camera – and of course the iPhone is my camera when I’m on runs and I just love knowing I can capture the moment, even on my run!
Here are some of the photos I’ve taken on some of my runs. Burning calories is great, but making memories makes it even better! And now it’s even easier to do with the PureMove Armband.
If you had a week like I did, where your husband is shot (yes, that actually happened!) and you had emergency surgery that left you on your back for 5 days (yes, that happened too!), you may be in a total frenzy to do last minute shopping the day before Christmas!
Here is a list of fit gift ideas for your fit (or hope-to-be-fit-in-2014) friends:
- Fitness Clothes (I love Reebok of course! I also just got some really pretty Lorna Jane stuff!)
- Gym Bag (I love LiveWell 360)
- Workout Gloves
- Wrist Wraps (I like PRwraps, great for heavy lifts)
- Activity Tracker (I like Polar Loop, which connects with a Polar heart rate monitor)
- Fun Socks (You know how I love me sum socks!)
- Compression Socks or Arm Sleeves (I like Zenzah)
- Colorful Shoe Laces (Target & shoe stores often have them)
- Sporty Head Bands or Hair Ties for the girlies
- Gym Membership (at the Max of course if you’re local!)
- Gift Certificate for a Massage
- Gift Certificate for a Boot Camp or Personal Training
- Protein Smoothie gift card at your local gym or smoothie shop
- Gift Card to GNC (who wouldn’t LOVE that?!)
- Sports Bottle
- Straps (to help grip support for heavy lifts)
- Weight Belt
- Gift Certificate for an annual LiveExercise membership (online workouts)
- Shoe Freshening Balls (put in shoes or gym bag)
- Tennis Shoe Cleaner (I love Reebok’s cleaner)
- iTunes Gift Card for new music
- Yoga Mat
- Yoga Blocks & Straps
- GymBoss Interval Timer
- Balance Ball
- Yurbuds Earphones (the BEST! at Best Buy)
- iPhone Arm Band
- Bodylastics Resistance Bands set
- Protein Shake Mixer Bottle (at GNC)
- Food Scale
- Blender (for protein shakes)
- Smoker or Grill (a protein eater’s must)
- Dehydrator (for making homemade beef jerky & dried fruit)
- Diet cook book (shop Books-a-Million)
- Reebok Nano 2.0 shoes for cross-training (my favorite!)
- Gym Towel
- Water Bottle Belt (for long distance runners)
- Lunch Sack & Tupperware for dieters
- Fitness Magazines (great for motivation & stocking stuffers)
I flipped out over this tank! It’s the perfect Christmas gift for your favorite coffee loving friend! Or, if you are like me, and a major coffee lover, you can just buy it for yourself! Or maybe you are also like me and, when you go Christmas shopping, you say “One for you, One for ME!” (I know, I’m awful!! They are too cute to resist!!)
I know I just blogged about my other tank I just got that said “I don’t sweat, I sparkle” and you might be thinking I’m now on Ruffles with Love’s payroll, but I’m not. I just think there stuff is so stinkin’ cute – AND, I know how hard it is to buy for some people so I figured you’d enjoy fun fitness gift ideas!
If you are a coffee lover, here are some tips to save extra calories so you can enjoy your cup of Joe without it expanding your waistline.
8 Ways to Save Coffee Calories:
1. Use flavored coffee. Trade high-calorie flavored syrups and creamers for delicious flavored gourmet coffee.
2. Cut the cream. If you can’t do without cream, cut it with skim or whole milk to save calories.
3. Lighten Up. It’s difficult for a person who likes a little coffee with their cream, to become a person who drinks coffee black. However, if you slowly wean yourself of heavy creamer, your taste buds will have time to adjust.
4. Make it mild. Stronger coffees require more cream to soften the intensity of the bitter flavor. If you go a little more mild, you may be able to go mild on your creamer too.
5. Pick only one – coffee or coffee cake. It’s hard to pass up the muffins and coffee cakes when you order your starbucks, but the reality is – that coffee you are ordering IS your treat. Don’t double your mistake by ordering two high-calorie treats.
6. Go small. Many times we order a large coffee just because it’s only a few cents more. Then we find ourselves gulping down the last few cold sips just because we don’t want to waste what’s left. Order small coffees for a small waistline.
7. Skip it. I don’t know about you, but meeting a friend at a coffee shop is the go-to thing to do. Half the time I really don’t even want a coffee. Yet, you bet your socks I’ll order one – just because. The last time I was tempted, I ended up ordering an unsweetened tea instead. It was refreshing and yummy and I didn’t leave with regret and the need to do 3 extra miles of cardio to erase one drink.
8. Limit the high-calorie treats to once a week. Just because it has coffee in it, doesn’t mean you should have it every day like your daily morning coffee. Treat fancy frappuccinos as if it’s actually a treat. Fancy coffees can have as much calories in an ice cream – and if you are dieting, you shouldn’t have ice cream every day either.
Popular Coffee Shop Calorie Chart
|Coffee with Splenda||15|
|Coffee with Skim Milk||15|
|Coffee with Skim Milk and Splenda||25|
|Coffee with Milk||25|
|Coffee with Sugar||60|
|Coffee with Cream||60|
|Coffee with Skim Milk and Sugar||70|
|Coffee with Milk and Sugar||80|
|Coffee with Cream and Sugar||120|
|Cappuccino with Sugar||140|
|Mocha Coffee with Cream||170|
|Mocha Swirl Latte||220|
Twitter handle: @RufflesAndStuff
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/RuffleswithLove
Ruffles With Love Website: https://www.etsy.com/shop/RufflesWithLove?ref=pr_shop_more
Shipping Time/Info for Christmas:
All orders by 12/15 guaranteed by Christmas. All orders after 12/15 that are needed for Christmas need to request that in the notes.
PfitBlog Readers get 10% off with code PFIT10!!! WOOT!
FitFluential LLC compensated me for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Win YourReeboks – Custom Shoes Designed by YOU!
Check out the Black Friday Deals, including discounts on Nano 2.0s and BOGO specials!!
…..AAAAND ENTER HERE to WIN a Gift Card to create your very own custom Reebok shoes!!!! Just tell me what your favorite Reebok product is and I will announce the lucky winner Monday!
Here is one of the custom Nano 2.0 shoes I’ve designed.
CLICK HERE to design your own shoes!
KILLER Black Friday Weekend Offers:
Reebok Nano 2.0’s for $75.00 with the promotional code “NANO”
Nano 2.0 Product Information
The next generation Reebok CrossFit Nano 2.0 is here! You the community have asked for more flexibility and breathability while maintaining stability in your footwear. The same low profile platform balances cushioning and low-to-ground feel so you can stay quick, safe and comfortable through the toughest of WODs.
• Breathable mesh upper for added ventilation
• Low-cut for added mobility, upper designed for lateral support and stability
• DuraGrip print along the toe cap makes it durable for a longer use
• High abrasion rubber outsole for improved durability
• Full length low profile with EVA midsole for cushioning and low-to-ground feel
• Forefoot flex grooves for added flexibility
Runs 7:00pm on Thanksgiving through Sunday, December 1st on www.shop.reebok.com.
FitFluential LLC compensated me for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I recently had the opportunity to do a little shopping on Vitacost.com online health store. I wasn’t even sure what Vitacost was at the time, so I got on the website to poke around. WOW! Information overload! They have over 40,000 healthy products!! Oh my! So many products, but so little time.
Well, since they looked like that pretty much had everything under the sun, I decided to take a different approach. Instead of looking for things I wanted (which would have been half the store), I decided to look at stuff I needed. I was almost out of shampoo and conditioner, and I needed some argan oil for my hair. I also wanted to try one of the facial products. I’ll be honest with you, I’ve never really ordered essentials like this online. I am also horrible about price comparing or using coupons but, after a little research, I realized that Vitacost was significantly cheaper than what I’ve been paying.
For instance, the Moroccan oil was a dollar cheaper than what I’ve paid in the past. Not Your Mother’s conditioner was also about a dollar less than most of their competitors, and as much as $8.00 less than some stores. The Desert Essence shampoo was also significantly cheaper, at $3.00 – $7.00 less than all the other retailers.
Even though I didn’t order any supplements for healthy food products, like PB2 (low-calorie powdered peanut butter), I decided to check out the pricing to see if I should switch to Vitacost for some of those items too. Low and behold, it was $2.00 less than what I had been paying at a local supplement store.
“But what about shipping?”, I thought. Would it end up replacing the savings or would their be other hidden costs? Then, to my surprise again, I discovered shipping was free in the US for orders over $49.00 (which would be VERY easy for me!) – and it’s still only $4.99 if my order is a smaller one. Ok, you got my attention, BUT, I’m impatient. I literally only have a couple of days left before I run out of shampoo, so I looked at projected shipping time. OMG! 1-4 business days!? WOW! That sealed the deal!
I may not be the best at budgeting money and shopping smarter, but Vitacost was going to make it easy, and convenient. Before I go to the drugstore, grocery or vitamin store, I will punch my shopping list into Vitacost first!
Here’s what I got:
Desert Essence Shampoo ($3.97) and Conditioner ($4.67)
This was my favorite purchase. I LOOOOVE the way this smells!! Best yet, it’s super healthy for you & 100% Vegan!
FREE OF: Parabens, sodium lauryl/laureth sulfates, phthalates, artificial colors, silicones, EDTA, glycol, petroleum-based ingredients, wheat, gluten, animal testing, and animal ingredients.
FREE OF: Gluten, sulfate, paraben, phthalate and animal cruelty. Tested on human hair.
INFO: Made with essential vitamins, herbs and bioactive extracts, this salon formula will strengthen, moisturize and give your hair a silky texture.
Also available in light for normal hair. Formulated for coarse hair, it penetrates, moisturizes, renews, strengthens and softens, while protecting your hair from harmful styling heat and UV damage.
FREE OF: Animal Testing.
Lightweight face lotion featuring a combination of creamy coconut oil and hyaluronic acid for deep long-lasting moisture.
INFO: Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Price Comparison & Savings
MY EXPERIMENTAL SHOPPING LIST:
7.99 Face Cream
$50.94 Standard Retail Total
$35.04 Vitacost Total
$15.90 SAVINGS ON ONLY 6 PRODUCTS!
That does it! If I saved $15 on just 6 products, think how much I’d save if I did all my shopping on there! That’s about a 30% Savings – with no coupons, no shopping around and no driving to all the different stores. You can get all your beauty, healthy pet care products, food products, herbs, supplements, healthy cleaning products, medicine and baby products all in one place!
People have been asking me how I like my new Reebok Nano 3.0s. Before I answer, I must tell you how much I love my Nano 2.0s already. I have to admit, I was a little bummed when I heard they had changed. I loved my old ones so much, I was worried I wouldn’t like these as much. However, like with anything else Reebok gets their hands on, they’ve made improvements.
It’s obvious they asked the pros what they’d like to see different, and better, and they did it. And, what I already liked, they kept. Here’s the lowdown…
5 Things I Love About the Nano 3.0.
2. 4 mm heel drop. This keeps your foot flat on the ground, great for heavy lifts when your heel should not be raised, but nice, flat and stable on the floor for maximum power production.
3. More durable. The rubberized cage that completely surrounds the shoe makes this shoe a lot more durable than the 3.0, as well as offers more support. They also used a stronger polyester on the outside of the shoe, called Rope Pro, specifically designed to be more durable during rope climbing.
4. Non-slip grip sole. This is great for all the crazy stuff we do in boot camp, or any other functional training program, like box jumps, mountain climbers, burpees, etc. It’s dependable gripping sole will help prevent you from falling on your face – cause, that’s no fun! ;)
5. Flexible sole for functional moves. Shoes that offer too much support can often be too stiff. As a result, they slip off the back of the heels when doing exercises like mountain climbers, squat thrusts, etc. This shoe has a nice easy bend at the toe box so your shoe and foot move together.
How do you know if Nanos are right for you?
- Do you do heavy lifts, like dead lifts, squats, clean & jerk, split jerks, kettlebell snatches, high pulls, swings, etc?
- Do you do sprints or short bursts of runs in your training?
- Do you do a lot of plyometrics – like double unders, burpees, mountain climbers, tuck jumps, etc
- Do you jump on tires, boxes, steps or other objects?
- Do you climb rope or obstacles?
- Do you like a minimalist shoe with a flat sole?
- Are you tough on your shoes, where you wear holes in the fabric, side walls or toe?
If you are a marathon runner, these shoes are not for you. If you lift weights using only machines, it probably won’t matter what you wear. However, if you do any of the above training, these are a great cross-training shoe that allows your training to be versatile without having to change shoes for different exercises.
Here are what some CrossFit athletes had to say about the new Nano 3.0s.
FitFluential LLC compensated me for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
First, I have to say, much of the reason I had such an amazing workout yesterday is because of my new Honey Badger pre-workout supplement. I don’t normally take pre-workout stuff (they freak me out), but I had been in a funk lately and just felt like my workouts needed a little sumthin-sumthin, if you know what I mean. I was going through the motions but missing that jacked-up feeling of wanting to go long and hard – and stay focused.
Well, Honey Badger was nice enough to ship us their killer pre-workout supplement. This is nothing new – people send us stuff all the time but, I have to admit, the honey badger name intrigued me. Typically, I don’t like but one out of every 20+ products people send me, and this was the one – and it was definitely one to write home about! I really loved it and felt I needed to share! (and no, they didn’t pay me or even ask me to write any of this). ;)
First thing Steve noticed was their motto at the top of their bottle “drink fearless”. If you haven’t seen the infamous Honey Badger Video, I posted the clean version at the bottom of this blog.
Here is what the company said about naming their product, “The Honey Badger fends off deadly venomous snakes, predators twice its size and endures hundreds of bee stings, stopping at nothing to snack on its favorite foods. The Honey Badger is lean and mean, resilient, full of energy and never stops moving forward. The fearless attitude and prominent characteristics of the Honey Badger is what caught our attention and proved a perfect fit in naming both the company and product line.” You just gotta love that! Well, I have to say (you will see later at the bottom of this blog), I trained like a honey badger and it felt gooood!
Taste Test: One of the main reasons I don’t take pre-workout supplements is because most of them are a powder you mix with water and have to drink. Quite frankly, I normally can’t get passed the first sip to even down the whole dose. Sometimes I can’t even get past the smell of the powder to even try it, so imagine my pleasant surprise when I opened the container up and it smelled like Country Time Lemonade. I had already prepared to hold my nose and go for it – but that wasn’t necessary. I mixed it with a smaller dose of water (thinking I would just down it quick because of the taste) and, to my surprise again, it actually tasted good! I was going around the gym having everyone taste it. I was SO excited! So I mixed up more, diluted it more (following their instructions) and drank it down and waited… (wait for it….waaaait for it….)
Feel Test: My chest began to tingle and my body started to come alive. I was beginning to feel the effects within about 10 minutes. I started working out, and then I got one of those zingers, when you realize your pre-workout supp is in full-effect. I was super stoked. I had all the yummy effects I like, with none of the side effects I hate (like skin flushing, heart racing, nerves freaking out, etc). The thing I really loved about it most was a really awesome focus and drive. I think I’m in love.
Results Test: I’ll answer this in one simple statement from an onlooker (member watching me train). He said, “Your really liking that stuff aren’t you?” I said YES! I really am and he said “I can tell. You can see it in your training. You look like you are really focused and in the zone”. And I was! That’s why we use these supplements – and Honey Badger definitely delivered!
Here are some of the supplement facts, ingredients and how it works. Visit Honey Badger to learn more!
Honey Badger Shoulder Workout
10 1-Arm Dumbbell Snatch, 25lbs (moderate) on each arm
15 1-Arm Shoulder Press, 12-15lb (light)
12 Lateral Raises, 5lbs or bands
60 Second Elbow Plank
Bent Over Rear Delt Raise, 10lb
Y-Raise (Prone Rear Delt Raise, but having arms out forward more, making a Y with your body/arms) on Incline Bench (rear delt), 5-8lbs
Honey Badger Video:
Here’s the video (the clean version) that made the Honey Badger so popular and coined the saying “Honey Badger Don’t Care”. Now, go have a honey badger workout!