It’s not that I WANT to do the WORK, it’s that I WANT the REWARD.
So I will RUN, I will TRAIN, I will DIET – no matter how I feel at that moment, because it’s how I want to feel in the moments to come that matters most.
pFIT pFACTS: It’s Not What I Want to DO, It’s What I Want to GET
- One hour of fatigue and muscle soreness will improve the other 23 hours of my day.
- One 3-mile run clears my head and my body fat.
- One high-calorie splurge only tastes good for 15 minutes, and makes me feels bad the rest of the day.
- Healthy food fuels me and makes me feel fit.
- Protein fills me and helps my muscles repair.
- Pumping iron makes my muscles hard and tight, no matter what mood I’m in.
- Abs suck, but a flabby belly sucks a lot worse when you are half naked on the beach.
- Laziness fuels more laziness. Activity fuels more activity – energizing me to another level.
- No one wants to grow up to be Fat & Lazy.
- Being disciplined gives me power and confidence.
- If I don’t run, I will waste the same amount of time doing something meaningless.
- If I don’t train, I will likely give in to crappy food and compromise.
- If I DO run, I will feel empowered and successful because I fought laziness and won.
- If I DO train, I will not screw it all up on tasting something stupid for 5 minutes.
The pFACT is, I am lazy. I like food. I don’t like working out, I don’t like running. I don’t like being out of breath. I don’t like when your muscle burns to the point it feels like it’s going to catch fire. BUT I DO like feeling fit and tone. I DO like feeling good in my clothes. I DO like the energy and feeling fitness gives me. SO, I no matter how much I don’t like it, it really doesn’t matter because if I do the work, I’ll get the reward whether I felt like doing the work or not – and in the end, I know it will all be worth it. No Regrets.