Fit Food: Eat Like a Cuban!
If you’ve ever done the Paleo diet, you probably had that moment where you were wondering how in the world you would be getting your carbs from. Since there is no rice, pasta, bread, oatmeal, quinoa, beans or cereal – it’s easy to go into a full-on panic attack! I know I did.
Although there are TON of green veggies, I was craving something that would stick to my ribs more. Here are just a few healthy Paleo carbs you can add to your meal plan and stay fit and trim:
Lucky for me I LOOOOVE plantains so I opted to cook the following yummy Cuban recipe!
Easy Shredded Pork over Caramelized Mashed Plantains by www.paleOMG.com
For the crockpot pork
- 1-2lb pork loin
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cups beef broth (no sugar added) – add 3 cups if you go with a 2lb pork loin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the plantain mash
- 4 brown plantains, peeled, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3-4 tablespoons canned coconut milk
CLICK HERE for the entire recipe
Have a Sweet Tooth?
Try PaleOMG’s Caramelized Plantain Pancakes with Sweet Cinnamon Plantain Maple Syrup