You don’t have to eat perfect or understand nutrition to get results, you just need to eat smarter. Here are 20 easy diet tips and tricks to reduce calories, shrink your waistline and boost results.
20 Simple Diet Tips
- Keep meals around 350-450 calories (women) or 450-500 calories (men).
- Limit snacks between 150-200 calories.
- Eat 5-6 times a day to rev your metabolism.
- Keep meals and snacks to 2-3 hours apart. For instance, don’t eat a meal and eat a snack 30 minutes later.
- Serve meals on small salad plates instead of large dinner plates.
- Share a meal or put the other half of your meal in a to-go box when eating out.
- Limit processed foods like breads, cereals, crackers, snack bars and chips.
- Drink one large glass of water before each meal.
- Limit casseroles and other multi-ingredient meals. (the more ingredients, the more calories)
- Eat carbs during the day when you need the energy but swap carbs at night for fibrous low-calorie veggies.
- Limit, or eliminate, alcohol, sodas and sweetened beverages.
- Boost your daily protein throughout the day. Shoot for a minimum of 100 grams of protein a day or 20 grams per meal or snack.
- Count calories for at least 7 days straight for the learning experience.
- Choose low-fat foods over fat-free options. Fat free options tend to be higher in sugar and artificial ingredients.
- Use Stevia instead of sugar, honey or other sugar substitutes.
- Eat more dark green vegetables.
- Choose only one high-calorie item on salads (like cheese or nuts).
- Reduce carbohydrates and increase good fats. Fats like avocado, nuts, olive oil and fish oil help keep you energized and feeling full.
- Read labels, paying close attention to serving size.
- If you are splurging, don’t eat more in one sitting than you can’t burn in one hour.
Scripture of the Day:
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. – 1 Corinthians 10:31
Mantra of the Day:
I’ll never be perfect, but I can always be better.
30 Days of Motivationhttp://pfitblog.com/30-days-of-motivation/