75 Fitness Motivational Quotes
People who succeed in weight loss and fitness, don’t have extra energy or super powers. They have as many excuses as anyone else. They wake up feeling tired and lazy. They get frustrated and depressed sometimes. They are tempted to skip their workouts, and are tempted to give up and give in. They may have times they feel weak or defeated. They feel many of the same feelings people feel that cause them to quit. The only difference is, they don’t allow their feelings to get in the way. They don’t quit.
How do they do it? How do they hang in there, keep pressing on and finding the motivation to keep showing up? I think, often times, we have to keep talking ourself into not giving up. We must fight those feelings, fight our negative thoughts and literally argue with our fat, lazy, hungry, self.
I am constantly in an argument with my flesh – but I refuse to let it win. AND, the fit Bonnie is strong and has convincing words to beat the lazy Bonnie.
In this blog, I share some of my own thoughts – AND I share quotes from my facebook and twitter friends – real people fighting the fit fight with real words that really work.
15 things I tell myself to help me get my fat lazy butt in gear:
- You know you’ll feel better if you do it. And you’ll feel horrible if you don’t.
- You really don’t have a choice.
- You need to stop now and do it. You’ll be so glad you did.
- You know what you want, so you know what you need to do to get it.
- If you really want “that”, you really need to do “this”.
- It’s such a small sacrifice for such a great reward.
- Are you really going to let fat win?
- Do you want abs or not?
- You don’t have to be perfect, but you can be better.
- Don’t let your enemies watch you fail.
- I want to be fit and healthy
- Working out makes me feel like a super hero
- You need to just do it because it’s the right thing to do, whether you feel like it or not.
- Your husband is hot. Don’t be the fat wife.
- You you’re gonna preach it, you better live it.
The People Speak
I know I’m not the only one who has to talk to herself to get her butt going, so I yesterday I asked my facebook and twitter friends to complete this sentence below. I got SO many fantastic responses, I decided to share them. SEE, you are not alone! We all talk to ourselves! ha 🙂 And some of you guys are saying some really great stuff!! Check it out…
“Today, I woke up tired & unmotivated – but then I remembered these words_________________”
- Alexie Elizabeth Messer True happiness is being able to smile at yourself in the mirror…when you are butt naked!
- Nadine Armstrong Just show up!
- Christopher Borders I made a bet with Alfonso AngryTrainer Moretti to beat his time on a 500m Row. I didn’t beat his time but I got a new PR.
- Joann Rosalia I’m worth it!!!
- Ashley Brock Gibson Starbucks is in walking distance (Ashley, I’d definitely run for Starbucks!)
- Carolyn Caruso “that mile isn’t going to run itself”
- Dan Pedley You vs you
- Bart Mazzarella Stay the course! Only losers quit!
- Laurie Duncan I’m gonna get sexy! lol Not quite as inspiring as all the above.
- Sig Wynne-Evans Your cancer is most likely because you are overweight. (said by my dr last year when I had uterine cancer). Gets me to the gym EVERY TIME
- Brian Loff “It doesn’t have to be pretty, it just has to get done.”
- Tracy Piko U can do anything if u want it bad enough. My dad rest his soul always told me that
- Tavia Collins Smith If you focus on results, you will never change. If you focus on change, you will get results. – Jack Dixon
- Kellee Murphy Get up!!!! make the bed so you don’t lay back down, get work out clothes on. I made it to the gym today and even met a new friend and she and I plan on meeting there again! Great day!!!
- Jennifer Rataj Fat people make excuses. Fit people make time.
- Nicole Hamilton Gonzalez This isn’t a choice. This is who you are and this is what you do.
- Joy Cook Bouget Just do it. You’re lapping everyone on the couch!!
- Becky Puckett Shealy No one’s going to do it for you
- Mia Hann …I don’t get paid unless I show up?!!
- Gayle Winrow “Quitting is NOT an Option”!!!
- Kylie Cole Just f…… Do it!!!!!
- Khari Espinoza ^^ And that’s why I sign up for races all the time
- Khari Espinoza I have a race in less than a month!!
- Natalia Balandina Giving up is not an option!
- Karen Robinson Why am I so tired and unmotivated… lol! Then I perked up! Lol
- Kimberley Nash You must work for what you want.
- Keala Keahi Vasconcellos My why my children
- Kanoelani Patterson I got this!! Nothing worth having is ever done easily so get up & let’s do this thing!
- Michael Petrosky . . . Own it Brother, own it !!
- Lizzie Flintoff Then I remembered that I had boot camp at 6am and then pole class straight after! Gym done and dusted! YEAH!
- Cindy Walter Rhoads Nobody is going to do it for me!! Today i will be the best i can be
- Sean Jaftha What would Bonnie do?!
- Lori Emm I always feel so much better after I workout
- Gary Whitaker Embrace the pain. Finish the drill.
- Kionna McNeal-Rowe Get’er dunn!!
- Danielle Streich If you think you can or you think you can’t…you are right!
- Amy Frazier Goleski Too damn bad!! : )
- Melody Cordero Summer’s coming!
- Rick Crosby There’s no quit in this boy
- Andrea Uribe Unmotivated is a feeling. Feelings are just feeling and if you ignore hem they will catch up.
- Ashlie Wynne “How bad do you want it?”
- Trish Tague Burnett I am responsible for me. I get to choose the best option for me and that is choosing my health!
- Marcela Rhodus Dreams don’t work unless you do.
- Sabrina Reitmeyer “mom you’re the best”
- Nell Lovorn Rela Just do it!!
- Amanda Theresa Caravello More sweat now, less jiggle later
- Friné Velilla Why don’t you burn more calories?
- Meghan Boeckman make it count..
- Linda Mcleod Every day above ground is worthwhile, so get to it!
- Clinton Fuller Gotta get at it cause I won’t see the changes I want to see sitting on my ass!
- Susan Brenner-Stutsman I fight on, I fight to win! Margaret Thatcher
- Patti Ambrosia McLean ‘STEVE WILL MAKE YOU DO BURPEEEEESSSS!!!!!”
- Emme Green “It starts & ends with me”
- Andre Owens This is a day God has given me. I will rejoice and be glad in it
- Judy Whitehead My goal is to keep going and get fit!
- Brian Stolze Don’t Give up!! Don’t Ever Give Up! Just DO It……
- Debbie Tosti @debbietosti15h today is a new day!
- Geraint Roberts @Gezzyroberts15h man up!
- TNCOWBOY7 @JasonSkelton715h I have not one pair of pants (out of probably 50) that I can get on. More important,my son is 9 so I need to b around awhile
- Damian Hunt @damian_hunt16h …winners never quit, quitters never win!
THANKS AMANDA FOR SHARING THIS!
It was so good, I made a fitness mantra pic out of it! More to come my peeps!
Thank you Bonnie, This is exactly what I needed on this Monday morning! Thank you!