Top 10 Craziest Fun Runs & Obstacle Courses
What do zombies, paint, glow sticks, costumes, obstacles, mud, black lights, pumpkins and beer have in common? They are just some of the wild ingredients used in conjuring up some of the craziest runs around!
Traditional 5Ks are fun, but now there are SO many more ways to run for a good cause. Boring 5Ks are being overshadowed by entertaining runs and obstacle courses. Here are my top 10 craziest races, with the help of Blood, Sweat & Cheers – a site dedicated to finding fun active stuff to do.
1. The Zombie Run – Run from the undead in this bizarra Zombie race. Beware – you can die. Every participant gets flags (like in flag football). These flags represents your health. The goal is to get out alive and well.
2. Cupid’s National Undie Run – Run in your undies in the name of Love. “Don’t get your panties twisted”, you don’t have to wear skimpy underwear, you can wear your favorite sleep attire to support the Children’s Tumor Foundation.
3. Rat Race – Race pits team of 1-3 against each other on a while scavenger hunt through the city. Combining running, biking, kayaking, climbing and public transportation systems, this race transforms some of the nation’s greatest cities into a playground.
4. The Peeplechase – Based on the Steeplechase Olympic event (inspired by an equestrian race), this race will test your speed and skill against world-class Metalists and local competitors. The race features 2 heats, and an optional 3rd heat for charity.
5. Neon Splash Dash – Runners dash across this 5K night course moving through checkpoints to get splashed with neon U.V. Glow color revealed under black light.
6. Super Hero Scramble – This race lets you live out your childhood fantasy and be the super hero you always wanted to be. Trade your Wonder Woman Underoos (yes, I had those) for your favorite costume and cape on this 4-6 mile obstacle race!
7. The Doughman – A quadrathalon that combines eating and athleticism. One part cycling, one part swimming and two parts footrace. The relay race is for teams of four, and broken down by food type: Running: meat; Running: vegetarian; Bike: meat; Swim: vegan.
8. The Tap & Run – Replacing water stations with beer stations, this race is getting all the “buzz”. Not a healthy race, but a dream race for beer drinkers. They even have a belching contest – go figure! ha!
9. The Fugitive Run – Prison Break Themed Obstacle Course where prison guards try to catch you, fellow inmates try to lead you off course and different paths lead you to freedom or back to prison.
10. The Naked Pumpkin Run – This race is filled with running human (naked) jack-o-lanterns. Brave runners (or stupid! You’re call! Ha!) run the entire 5K with a pumpkin on their head. At least no one knows who’s pink parts they are seeing. Wow! I need to wash my eyes out with bleach. ha!
Blood, Sweat & Cheers
GET THE LATEST, GREATEST, CRAZIESTS NEWS & EVENTS!
Blood, Sweat & Cheers is the fun-loving newsletter packed with off-the-wall activities, events, workouts and gear that make everyday life more fun. If you’re a fan of the active life, then BSC is the email you’re going to want to read. From local beers and bars to fitness and fun runs, BSC works hard and plays harder. If it’s fun, active and social, BSC is covering it.
Each day readers get one great story about a crazy 5K, the latest workout craze, our favorite beer accessories or awesome piece of gear they need to own now.
Sign up today and you could win a GT Performer BMX!
A second lucky winner will receive a $150 Lululemon gift card, so signup now!
FitFluential LLC compensated me for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
English goo David….
I intended to compose you that tiny remark to help give many thanks as before on your unique concepts you have featured on this website. It is simply shockingly open-handed of you to offer extensively what a number of people would have advertised as an ebook in order to make some bucks on their own, primarily now that you could have done it if you decided. The creative ideas additionally worked as a fantastic way to be certain that the rest have similar keenness like mine to know way more pertaining to this matter. I think there are thousands of more pleasant occasions up front for those who browse through your site.