Adam & Eve’s Diet and Exercise Plan
When I consider all the diets on the market, I can’t help but wonder how Adam and Eve ate. I mean, there was no paparazzi to capture them eating at the trendy “Garden of Eden Café” nor were there tabloids exploiting Eve’s hot body and her latest “In the Garden Workout”. Diet and exercise as we know it didn’t even exist.
Deep fryers weren’t even invented and the closest thing to fast food was picking an apple off a tree. High calorie foods simply were not as easy to come by and exercise was a just way of life.
No one had to tell Adam and Eve to workout, they got plenty of exercise with their standard daily duties. I bet we’d burn a lot more calories and eat a lot less if we had to live like they did.
With that in mind, I really doubt obesity was much of an issue. Eve couldn’t have just gone to Publix to pick up a few groceries. Collecting food took time and energy. Since there was no refrigeration, it was essential the food was fresh for each meal so the chores were never-ending.
I don’t know about you, but I think God is pretty smart. We humans are the ones who goof everything up. He created a lifestyle complete with everything we need to eat and live healthy. We are the ones who not only have turned eating into entertainment but we’ve become greedy and impatient. We want to get the most food for the money and there better not be a long wait.
If that was not bad enough, we’ve created a ton of shortcuts in life to actually avoid burning extra calories. We circle parking lots to avoid extended walks and wouldn’t dare get up from the couch to change the channel.
If we were to go on “Adam & Eve’s Diet and Exercise Program”, we’d eat more fresh whole foods, take fewer shortcuts and increase our activity. It all makes since. Like I said, I think God’s smart and His original design was a pretty good one.
LIVE MORE LIKE ADAM & EVE:
1. Visit your local fruit and vegetable markets on a regular basis.
2. Shop the outside of the grocery store (for all perishables like milk, cheese, yogurt, meat, fruits, juice and vegetables) and limit your time shopping the aisles (where all the processed foods are).
3. Make the most of your grill, grilling meat and vegetables the way our forefathers did before ovens and microwaves.
4. Keep your meals simple. Meals were centered on simple whole foods. Simplify your meals and skip over the casseroles and multi-ingredient recipes. The fewer ingredients a meal has, the fewer calories it has.
5. Take a walk. Adam and Eve likely did a lot of walking around together. You may not have any fruit to pick, or work to do in the garden, but you can still enjoy the great outdoors while burning a few calories. Get outside, get some fresh air, and enjoy your mate.
Like my blogs? Don’t forget to Subscribe! :)
Posted on June 29, 2011, in Diet & Nutrition Tips, Healthy Priorites, Self-Help and tagged adam and eve, diet, exercise, fitness, garden of eden, healthy, lifestyle, simple, tips, weight loss. Bookmark the permalink. 8 Comments.